You asked to be internationally affiliated with the Scottish Rugby Union? Well – your wish was granted. The Scottish are now Associate Members of the Scottish Rugby Union. Our case was presented to the SRU Board on July 3rd and was supported by the London Scottish and Portobello RFC as well as by the SRU’s Director of Communications, Dom McKay.
All results and schedules are now updated on the TSRFC site and have been posted HERE!
Rookie Day was July 5. As to be expected, there were some bumps and bruises, but those are nothing compared to what is the right of passage in becoming a lifetime member of the Toronto Scottish. I think we will have to make our Rookies sign a disclaimer at the beginning of the night from now on – but apart from that, congratulations to all involved for making the cut, and thanks to the organizers for putting a helluva night together. Lookin’ good!
BOAT CRUISE IS BACK!
July 26 @ 8pm
White Out Party aboard the Pioneer Princess (333 Lakeshore Blvd East)
Early Bird Tickets $40 – limited quantity; $50 otherwise
Email Sarah Mitchell or Linda Manzo to arrange a meet or transfer funds
- July 22 @ 6pm: U18 Boys game vs touring Scottish side Queen Anne HS; game is at U of T Scarborough
- Complete schedules for all teams have been posted here! Come out and support our Juniors!
- Our development team was having a tough time absolutely crushing every opponent they faced on a weekly basis, so we have been promoted to the TRU B Division! They unfortunately lost their first game by a 5 point margin to the Balmy Beach Academy, but look to rebound against the North Simcoe Dingo’s July 12.
- Our 2s remain undefeated and have pretty untouchable stats. You can see their standings for the 2nd Team Marshall division here.
- Our 1s are strong as ever, currently holding a 5-1 record. Alumni Day is this Saturday July 12, and the troops are rounding to see TSRFC rematch one of the few teams who was able to give us a loss last season. See the 1st Team Marshall Standings here.
- First off, let’s throw a HUGE shoutout to current TSRFC Lou Chen and former TSRFC Rosie Lang for making the Ontario and BC women’s teams. They’ll be vying in Ottawa at the National Women’s League Rugby Championship at the end of the month – more information to follow! There will be a special fundraising Pint Club on July 17 for Lou. $10 buy in. Come to the Duke and help support her!
- The 2s are coming off a huge 38-17 win at home and look to incite a streak this Saturday against the Yeomen Lions!
- The 1s are looking to rebound from what’s proven to be a very difficult division and deserve all the support the club can handle – let’s get it done!
Alumni – this Saturday, July 12, is your day! We by far and away appreciate everything you do for us and the club, and you deserve to be rewarded for it. We look forward to seeing you at the men’s and women’s games starting at noon, followed up by sharing stories, pints, and celebrating a whole day full of wins.
Nothing is possible without our sponsors; click on either logo to give them a well-deserved visit.